MMSD Standards/Grading Scale
Students in the Madison Metropolitan School District are graded in Computer Technology according to the following Standards:
Use of Computer Technology (60% of grade)
- Uses software programs efficiently and effectively.
- Demontrates understanding of file management.
- Identifies/solves software and hardware problems.
- Uses technology to communicate and collaborate.
- Understands and uses technology vocabulary.
Inquiry and Research Skills (20% of grade)
- Searches efficiently and effectively for information.
- Critically evaluates information.
- Organizes Information.
- Presents information.
Responsible Use of Technology (20% of grade)
- Follows school policy regarding appropriate usage.
- Understands consequences of misuse.
For each of these standards and tasks listed below students will be given proficiency scores to measure their understanding of the skills being assessed.
Students are also graded on the ability to:
- Use class time productively (learning skill)
- Complete projects (learning skill)
- Cooperate with others (learning skill)
These are given one of the following marks: